Here’s the good news for all coffee lovers. Studies have shown that coffee is good, healthy, improves mood, reduces pain, and acts as an aphrodisiac. We bring you 5 main reasons on why and how coffee drinking benefits your health.
1. Women who drink four or more cups of coffee daily have almost 25 % lower risk of developing endometrial cancer, and those who drink two cups a day have 22% lower risk of this malignancy when compared to women who do not drink coffee. It is concluded on the basis of a thorough, 26-year study, which are from 1980 to 2006, followed by nutrition habits of 67,500 women aged 34-59 years. Harvard School of Public Health spent the researchers using different laboratory tests and found many other good effects of coffee.
2. Coffee has strong antioxidant power thanks to which it protects our cells, proteins and DNA from eventual damage caused by oxidative stress. In this way, coffee helps preventing degenerative diseases like Parkinson, type 2 diabetes, cirrhosis, prostate cancer, depression in women. In moderate amounts, this drink calms the cardiovascular system and stimulates the muscles. Circulation of the coffee increases the brain activity. Recently has been shown that coffee is antibacterial, and as we drink it, it lowers risk of developing caries.
3. Caffeine awakens the body and improves concentration. According to a Journal of Experimental Psychology study coffee to help spotting reducing the number of grammatical errors. It is therefore not surprising that for the black drink intervenes whenever we want to stimulate the brain and improve your cognitive abilities.
4. Coffee increases the overall durability of the body and improves the mood. For these reasons, a cup or two a day may be taken by adults, but also the elderly and children. Certain studies prove that drinking latte can improve children’s concentration and reduces the occurrence of depression. Experts however do not recommend pregnant women drinking coffee because they believe can increase the risk of premature birth or low birth weight infants.
5. Caffeine acts as a stimulant, diuretic and mild laxative. Many people use coffee to relieve eventual difficulties caused by asthma, and contain it and some medicines for migraine. Increases secretion of hormones of the pancreas, prevents the formation of kidney stones, stimulates the heart and stomach acid. Caffeine, among other things, increases the speed and intensity of breathing, enables delivery of more oxygen to the muscles and reduces the feeling of fatigue.