You can make losing weight easier if you implement the simple tips and tricks below. They are not complicated, but will make your slimming go faster and your overall health condition better. Even people who don’t wish to lose weight can use these tips, as they will improve your health in general.
- Write down what you eat for one week and you will lose weight. Studies found that people who keep food diaries wind up eating about 15 percent less food than those who don’t. Watch out for weekends!
- Watch one less hour of TV. People eat more when they watch TV. Sacrifice one program (there’s probably one you don’t really want to watch anyway) and go for a walk instead.
- Wait until your stomach rumbles before you reach for food. It’s stunning how often we eat out of boredom, nervousness, habit, or frustration—so often, in fact, that many of us have actually forgotten what physical hunger feels like.
- Walk five minutes for at least every two hours. Stuck at a desk all day? A brisk five-minute walk every two hours will parlay into an extra 20-minute walk by the end of the day.
- Don’t buy any prepared food that lists sugar, fructose, or corn syrup among the first four ingredients on the label. You should be able to find a lower-sugar version of the same type of food.
- Walk before dinner and you’ll cut calories AND your appetite. In a study of 10 obese women, 20 minutes of walking reduced appetite and increased sensations of fullness as effectively as a light meal.