In case you have ever found yourself in the situation that you left your laptop at home and needed to print an important document, you might want to know that you can also print almost any file from your Android phone or tablet.
You just need to have Google Chrome to be installed on your PC as well as your phone/tablet and a working Google account.
Steps for determining your printer type:
- Determine your printer type. Modern printers are broadly of two types:
- Classic printers: Printers which do not have the ability to connect to the internet. They may connect to other devices via Wi-Fi ,Bluetooth or a USB connection. They will require a PC or a laptop for the initial setup.
- Cloud Ready Printers: Printers which can connect to the internet and do not require a PC to setup.
- You need to open Google Chrome. Sign in to Chrome using your Google Account. Click on the settings button with the three short lines near the top right corner of your browser. Click on settings and scroll down to the bottom. Once there, click on “Advanced Settings”and find Cloud Printing services under “Advanced Settings”.
- 5. Under the cloud print section in “Advanced Settings“, click on manage printers to add or remove printers and click Add Printers.
All you need to do now is finish registration.
Now let’s see how to actually print on your device:
- Download and install Cloud Print. Cloud Print is the printing service by Google that enables you to print using the printer you just registered.
- Launch Cloud Print. Select your Google account and select OK.
- Select the file you wish to print. Long press on the file and click on the three dots in the upper right corner. Then select Print.
On Android 4.4.2 and above, it is pre-installed and is available in the settings option.
From the pop up menu that appears, select a registered printer. Click on Print button and you are printing it finally on your device!