Here’s the good news for all coffee lovers. Studies have shown that coffee is good, healthy, improves mood, reduces pain, and acts as an aphrodisiac. We bring you 5 main reasons why and how coffee drinking benefits your health.
1. Women who drink four or more cups of coffee daily have almost 25 % lower risk of developing endometrial cancer, and those who drink two cups a day have 22% lower risk for this malignancy when compared to women who do not drink coffee at all. This was concluded on the basis of a thorough 26-year study in which nutritional habits of 67,500 women aged 34-59 years were recorded and analyzed.
2. Coffee has strong antioxidant power thanks to which it protects our cells, proteins and DNA from eventual damage caused by oxidative stress. In this way, coffee helps preventing degenerative diseases like Parkinson, type 2 diabetes, cirrhosis, prostate cancer and depression. When moderately consumed, this drink protects cardiovascular system and stimulates the muscles. Circulation of the coffee increases the brain activity. Recent studies has shown that coffee also has antibacterial properties, and as we drink it, it lowers the risk of developing caries.
3. Caffeine awakens the body and improves concentration. According to a Journal of Experimental Psychology study, coffee can help spot and reduce the number of grammatical errors. Therefore, it is no surprise at all that this black drink intervenes whenever we want to stimulate our brain and improve our cognitive abilities.
4. Coffee increases the overall durability of the body and improves the mood. Because of this, a cup or two a day may be taken by adults, but also by the elderly and children. Certain studies prove that drinking latte can improve children’s concentration and reduce the occurrence of depression. Experts however do not recommend pregnant women to drink coffee because they believe it can increase the risk of premature birth or low birth weight.
5. Caffeine acts as a stimulant, diuretic and mild laxative. Many people use coffee to relieve eventual difficulties caused by asthma or migraines. Coffee stimulates the secretion of hormones of the pancreas, prevents the formation of kidney stones, stimulates the heart and stomach acid. Caffeine, among other things, increases the speed and intensity of breathing, enables the delivery of more oxygen to the muscles and reduces the feeling of fatigue.