If your iPhone’s sleep/wake button stops working, you can power it down with AssistiveTouch option.
The iPhone only has two main buttons, the Lock (sleep/wake) button, and the Home button and we use these two buttons constantly. So what happens if one of them fails? AssistiveTouch doesn’t make it very obvious, but you actually can power down your iPhone with it.
The following steps will allow you to not only lock the screen on your iPhone, but power it completely down until you can properly address the issue.
How to power down your iPhone if your Lock button doesn’t work:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on General.
- Then tap on Accessibility.
- Tap on AssistiveTouch.
- Turn On the option for AssistiveTouch.
- A new circle button will appear on your screen. Tap on it.
- In the popup menu, tap on Device.
- Press and hold on the option for Lock screen.
- The Slide to Power Off dialog will appear and you can slide your finger to power down your iPhone.
See also >>> 10 IPHONE TRICKS YOU PROBABLY DID NOT KNOW
More about prices and featurese here.