The weather changes are caused by electromagnetic waves that affect the brain the hypothalamus and indirectly enhancing the secretion of stress hormones from the anterior pituitary, reducing the secretion of hormones of happiness (endorphins) which leads to feelings of anxiety, irritability, headaches and similar symptoms. The fall of temperature and atmospheric pressure the blood vessels tend to narrow, what leads to increase of blood pressure and the increase of temperatures makes the vessels wider, thus providing the better blood flow in the vessels and blood pressure falls. A similar pressure is carried out to the nerves causing the pain that occurs in the bones and muscles.
Symptoms of meteoropathy
Some of the mental symptoms of this disease are fatigue, mood swings, decreased concentration, thinking and coordination, lethargy, irritability, apathy and sleep disturbances, while the physical symptoms of meteoropathy are headaches, migraines, nausea, dizziness, fainting, rheumatic pains, pains in the field of old injuries, muscle aches.
People that have “sensitive” heart might experience rapid heartbeat, irregular heartbeat, increase in blood pressure, chest discomfort. During this period, people the common occurrences are higher incidence of heart attacks and strokes due to ischemia of the heart and brain in heart patients, the elderly and smokers
Meteoropathy causes higher incidence of asthma and inflammation of the bronchi, lungs and pleura in patients suffering from diseases of the bronchi and lungs, and higher incidence of kidney and gall attack, especially at night and early in the morning.
When it comes to people that gave abdominal issues, aggravation of gastritis and stomach pain due to gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer.
Prevent the discomfort
One of the prerequisites when you suffer from this condition is to keep an eye on the weather forecast, so that you can help yourself. Although there is not quite a recipe for excluding experiencing Meteoropathy problems, here are some of the tips that can help you:
- In the case you notice the weather changes, wind amplification, fast approaching clouds and higher air mass, grab some teas that can help you to relax nerves and muscles. These natural teas are most effective with the transition from autumn to winter.
- If you suffer from meteoropathy, you should always have at hand chamomile tea, hawthorn or lime because it will reduce nervous irritability and tension. if you drink some of these teas, after seven days you will feel release.
- Physical activity is, needless to say, necessary, so try stretching exercises especially because it will make your muscles and nerve elastic and much more resistant to changes in weather and climate fluctuations that come.
- lavander oil doess wonders- just few drops a day will relax the tencion and clear your head.
- Tea made from valerian is one of the best natural drinks for the treatment of insomnia, ideal for people that are sensitive to weather changes. Also, if you have a problem with lack of sleep, be sure to use it …
- In case of heavy fog and high humidity, people that are facing chronic illnesses, especially asthmatics might especialy expirience health difficulties. If this was your case, do not go out, stay in warm and drink teas from angelica, and similar teas because they encourage better blood circulation.
- Do not get too warmed up in cold weather, slow down your circulation. Try to keep the temperature in the living room to about 20 degrees. Besides intense headaches, high temperature in your household can weaken your immune system, because mucous membranes are far more susceptible to infections in warm and it responds poorly to the large temperature difference of indoors and outdoors.